Special Wool Class -Meetinghouse Hill Designs - October 13
Dimensional Wool Crafting at Its Finest!
"Winter's Woodland Gifts"
Saturday, October 13
at Karen's Quilting Corner!
Designer Kathy Gaul returns to her native New England to teach one of her best selling new designs - an evergreen, pine cone and berry spray that will last for many winters because it is all made from felted wool, wire and hot glue!
We are excited to feature this designer in our shop. Kathy was recently named one of Early American Life's "traditional artisans" for her efforts in continuing the historical art of wool applique, with her own unique dimensional twist!
Join us for a day of fun and laughter, and NO SEWING, just crafting with wool!
All the Stuff You Want to Know!
- Date: Saturday, October 13, 10 am to 5 pm, with lunch on site.
- Class Fee: $150 includes instruction, complete kit from Meetinghouse Hill Designs and lunch!
- Kit: Includes complete pattern (with color step by step photos too), rusty bow and bells, 3 different felted green wools (3 evergreen branches of different shapes), felted brown wool (3 pine cones), felted red wool (berries), all wires, floral tape, jute string and cotton batting (that's what's inside the pine cones!)
- Register: Space is limited so register by contacting the shop at (413) 884-6200.
- Questions? Feel free to call the shop or contact Kathy directly at (719) 282-3518 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- What Else Will I Need? Scissors to cut wool and paper (bring a variety), hand-held wire cutters, hot glue gun and glue sticks (cool-temp recommended), clear quilter's ruler (18" or 24" or similar), black marker (Sharpie), white chaco-liner marking tool (optional but very helpful)
- What Will I Learn? In class, you will learn how to wrap fringed wool strips into evergreen boughs, how to create a pine cone from a rolled layer of batting covered with a "scaled" strip of wool and how to knot narrow strips of wool into berries! We will complete one evergreen bough, one pine cone and some berries in the class time. Pattern instructions and photos are very detailed and you'll have no trouble finishing the spray at home.
- See A Model Up Close: Marlene made this very kit last year and is graciously displaying it for us in the shop. Stop by to see it in person!
Have a great day! Hope to see you soon.
Karen, Marlene, Betsy, Carol & Jean
Karen’s Quilting Corner
723 Cold Spring Rd.
Williamstown, MA 01267