It’s time to hop from shop to shop! October 19, 20 & 21.
Hours for the Shop Hop are Friday & Saturday 9:00am - 7:00pm. , Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm.
Just a quick reminder that the Massachusetts Quilt Shop Hop is this weekend! (Note: Still time to sign up! You can also sign up this weekend). All of the quilt shops are working very hard to make a fun and exciting weekend for you! Please try to take notice of the little extras each shop has done and as you travel this weekend, please keep in mind that the shops on the Hop are the ones who have made this weekend possible for you through their hard work and financial commitment!
The theme this year is Whimsical Garden.
What's in your whimsical garden? There will be a "Spirit Award" for those that want to participate. Dress or decorate with your favorite whimsy and your name will be submitted for a prize.
Here are some thoughts & hints for the weekend.
1. Make sure your name is on your passport. Too many times passports have been found and we haven't known who to return them to. Another thought is to include your cell phone number (if you have one) on your passport so that we can get you during the hop! And hopefully not too far from where your passport is found!!!
2. Bring some address labels with you to save time when registering and/or filling out raffle prize tickets. If you have the ability to print some off, make sure your phone number is on them to save writing time!
3. Make sure that you have the Shop Hop brochure with you so you have addresses ... and phone numbers to call in case your get lost!!
4. Tote bags are always an issue. They are fun to carry but please understand our concerns. Each shop will be happy to provide a bag for you when you make your purchases. If you are trying to match some fabrics, we would greatly appreciate them being in a clear baggie. The sign up gift this year was a clear plastic bag. Use this or a clear bag from a prior year. But please carry in with you as little as possible (See the next hint/tip!)
5. As a tip to go along with #4, if you are carpooling, have a box or large bag in the trunk with each person's name on it. You can empty your bag before you head in to the next store: everyone's purchases will be kept together and no sorting will be needed at the end of the day!
6. Keep in mind that the store owners and staff have been putting in extra hours to provide a wonderful shopping experience for you. A smile and Thank You are always greatly appreciated.
7. Please accept our apologies in advance if a shop is out of some lip-smacking treat that you've heard about. While every effort is made to provide a munchie for you, we don't know when you're coming or when others are. Sometimes it's tricky to plan!
8. As you visit each shop and get your passport validated, you will receive a goodie bag. It will contain a set of instructions, a fat quarter, a coupon for a future purchase, a sweet treat, and another Goodie! Please remember, it is one passport and one goodie bag per person present.
9. When your passport is fully validated, having visited all 5 shops, you will be entered into our grand prize drawings,
10. ALL stores will be open for the hours of the Shop Hop - even if these differ from their normal hours.
Shop Hop Weekend is always ALOT of fun!!! Thank you for your participation because without you, this event would not be happening! We are so looking forward to the fun of seeing everyone and hoping to inspire you with our samples we've made just for this weekend!
Please Drive Safely. There is no prize for completing the hop in the fastest time! We want you to be safe and have a wonderful weekend!
There is still time to register! You don't HAVE to go to all the shops (but we hope you do!).
For more information visit http://www.karensquiltcorner.com/ma-shop-hop.htm
If you haven't registered for the Shop Hop, its only $7 and you can register with us or at any of the other participating shops:
Bayberry Quilt & Gift Shoppe, Chicopee, MA
Brookside Quiltworks, So. Egremont, MA
Karen's Quilting Corner, Williamstown, MA
Pumpkin Patch, Lee, MA (with a new address 43-Main St.)
Quilts & Treasures, East Longmeadow, MA
It’s going to be a much talked about event! Hope you'll be joining us!
Have a great day!!
Karen, Marlene, Betsy, Carol & Jean